From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: target for 2.9.1 release?
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 19:58:29 GMT
> I do think trying to salvage content from a wiki where both copyright
> and license are in question is always problematic. The only truly safe
> way around this would have been to have had a rights statement (e.g.,
> Creative Commons or similar) at the very beginning of the project,
> something explicitly stated an agreement upon any contributors
> permitting reuse. I don't think anyone could fault Janne for not
> having the extreme foresight to have done this at the very birth of
> the JSPWiki project.

Creative Commons didn't exist when I started ;-).  Frankly, also, I don't really care.  As
far as I am concerned, worrying about the copyrights of contents on jspwiki.org is, what is
succinctly known as "Someone Else's Problem."

> problematic. But if Janne is willing I don't think there'd be any issue
> in him simply selling the rights to Apache for $1, i.e., any legal
> handover would do.

I've already agreed to hand over jspwiki.org to ASF.  Just someone tell me who takes it and
I'll draw the dots and ink the i's (or whatever) to transfer the domain.

/Janne