From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: target for 2.9.1 release?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:37:29 GMT
Sounds good, and thank you.  I really want to return to coding right now
(in particular, that Maven pom file), but unfortunately have work
constraints ATM hopefully I can fix soon.  Moving doc and sandbox to
Apache would be fantastic IMO, especially more so if the corresponding
sites on jspwiki.org can be shut down as a result--but we don't have any
control over jspwiki.org so we cannot be faulted over its contents
(Janne has two hats--Apache JSPWiki team member and that of jspwiki.org
owner, but I'm just referring to the first hat that all of us have.)  My
main concern before doing so is, what do we need to do so that all the
content on the Wiki is immediately Apache-licensed, and that whatever
anybody places there automatically becomes Apache-licensed as well?  The
Confluence Wikis at cxf.apache.org and camel.apache.org are instantly
Apache-licensed--is there some blurb on the Confluence Wikis we need to
put on the JSPWikis to ensure that?

Glen

On 02/10/2013 02:53 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ok, retaking the original thread, I'm filling/updating relevant JIRAs now.
> Regarding Java 6 and dropping TranslatorReader I'll asume lazy consensus
> (=nobody has disagreed) and marking them for 2.9.1. I'll tackle them in a
> few days though, to give space to anyone not agreeing on targetting this
> for 2.9.1 release.
>
> As for the wikis location, how about moving doc and sandbox to apache
> infra? so we can request the VM, begin setting up the wikis etc. I'll also
> ping legal for the www.jspwiki.org issue
>

> br,
> juan pablo
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Glen Mazza <glen.mazza@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What I'm asking you to do could take as little as 15 minutes.  Outside of
>> a sentence referring everyone to Apache JSPWiki, you're just *removing*
>> links, converting the site to a read-only legacy project page in the
>> process.  If you wish to grant me write access temporarily to jspwiki.org,
>> I'll happily get this done.
>>
>> The more you shrink this read-only site, the less there is to maintain and
>> hence the less work you need to do for it. Continuing to maintain the site
>> in a bloated state (do we really need links to dmoz and yahoo?) probably is
>> what's causing you to want to run away from it.
>>
>> Glen
>>

>> On 02/03/2013 12:44 PM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:
>>
>>> I will gladly send a tarball of the current wiki contents and transfer
>>> the domain to anyone who wants to pick up the site maintenance.
>>>
>>> /Janne
>>>
>>> On Feb 3, 2013, at 15:10 , Glen Mazza <glen.mazza@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>   "I'd rather use the time to contribute to JSPWiki" ?  Rest assured,

 Maybe

be donated to Apache or does it have the same copyright problem ashttp://
Apache

 Not