From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: target for 2.9.1 release?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:31:11 GMT
I think we should get JSPWIKI-739 done before considering "hatching" out
of incubation.  Right now, all of our documentation is off the Apache
site and our informal Wiki ("Legacy Site") is under lock-and-key due to
Finnish legal reasons.

We do not need to shut down the jspwiki.org site--as that's a
third-party site we have no control over it (the fact that it's owned by
a JSPWiki committer doesn't matter, it's a third-party site and from an
Apache JSPWiki perspective it is outside of our control.)  But we should
have our system documentation and probably a Wiki to be *on* the Apache
site, even if it's duplicated by third party sites like jspwiki.org.  I
would like to get the Infra folks to host a JSPWiki site (we are *sooo*
much faster than Confluence Wikis, and we could probably get other
Apache projects to adopt us) but if they won't do that, and our only
options are (1) hosting our documentation off Apache using JSPWiki or
(2) hosting our documentation on Apache w/Confluence Wiki, perhaps (2),
however unpleasant, should be evaluated.

Glen