From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplify OOTB deployment for new users?
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 21:47:57 GMT
Oh, is jspwiki.workDir *only* for temporary files that may be deleted
with startup & shutdown of Tomcat (i.e., nothing persistent across
Tomcat sessions?) In that case, remaining with java.io.tmpdir may be a
better idea for jspwiki.workDir--but nowadays if it's holding permanent
stuff java.io.tmpdir is probably not a good location for it.

I don't think java.io.tmpdir is a good location for the permanent stuff
in jspwiki.fileSystemProvider.pageDir and
jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir; and at the same time,
writing to a user's root folder via /p/..... is too
intrusive/uncomfortable for someone just prototyping.  I still think a
simple "myJSPWikiDir" (or whatever other name you'd like) which results
in the files being placed in that subdirectory of the user's home folder
is the user-friendlier option for these latter two values, even if we
keep jspwiki.workDir undefined so it still points to java.io.tmpdir.

Regards,
Glen