From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplify OOTB deployment for new users?
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 18:26:32 GMT
Harry, personally at least, I've never needed to do that, at least not
with my setup (JDK 7 and Tomcat 7 on Ubuntu Linux) -- just dump the WAR
in webapps and it expands fine.  You may wish to try again with a newer
Tomcat maybe.  I would say that would be a Tomcat bug if it couldn't
expand the WAR properly.

It will get better once we can Mavenize (and I hope to put in some time
to help in that regard), during development/debugging/testing it will
just be c:\mvn tomcat7:deploy for a standalone Tomcat or c:\mvn
tomcat7:run-war for an embedded Tomcat deployment, in the latter case
you won't even need to have Tomcat installed on your machine, but in
either case we can avoid the step of needing to go to file managers and
copying/pasting the build/WAR to the webapps folder.

Glen