From Ichiro Furusato <ichiro.furus...@gmail.com>
Subject WikiPlugin.execute() and generics
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 09:23:12 GMT
Hi,

In looking at the 2.9.0 code I note that it doesn't use generics in a number of
rather key places, such as WikiPlugin.execute(), so I'm guessing it hasn't
been updated in a few years (at least in that regard), perhaps due to the
somewhat longstanding status of the project going into Apache, or for legacy-
compatibility reasons.

Could someone please fill me in as to any particular reason why the Map
argument couldn't be constrained to <String,String> or <String,Object>? I've
got quite a few plugins that are now incompatible with a generics-less
WikiPlugin API, i.e.,

        public String execute( WikiContext context, Map<String,Object>
params ) throws PluginException;

...and rather than remove all my generics I'm wondering if it'd be possible
to update the API. Yes, I know that is a brash assumption.

Thanks much,

Ichiro