From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JSPWiki version 2.9.0-incubating
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:05:07 GMT
> ad 2) "The guitests target is not part of the build sequence for good reasons" - I know
but how you find any new GUI bugs if the guitests are considered broken and not executed?
Maybe the next time we get 18 errors instead of 17 but when the tests are ignored that one
bug could cause frustration within the JSPWiki user community when it escapes into the real
world - I had my five minutes of fame when a late change caused a NPE in my commons-exec release
- I think I got more than 20 mails with "btw, there is a stupid NPE in this method". IMHO
it is acceptable to state that 17 tests are indeed broken but those 17 tests should be commented
out to get overall guitests working - for the remaining 17 tests we can create a JIRA and
hope for better times.

guitests runs the same tests as "tests", but it uses a different JUnit test runner which shows
up a pretty gui :-). Unfortunately the classloader seems different between these two and I
don't recall it ever being anything else but a source of grief...

My vote would be to remove the entire guitests target and just concentrate on a single testrunner
getting the tests right...

/Janne