From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1404696 - in /incubator/jspwiki: site/trunk/content/jspwiki/ppmc/how_to_release.mdtext trunk/ReleaseNotes
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 20:37:33 GMT
Hi Craig,

> Generally, we vote on a release tag (or branch) with a corresponding set of signed artifacts.
So the issue of updating CHANGES.txt is moot. The tag contains the relevant changes. Trunk
continues...

what I meant is the chicken/egg problem which arises from the possibility that a release could
be rejected during the IPMC vote. While a Subversion tag is more like project internal stuff,
I wouldn't want the JIRA release info to be that unstable in terms of being rolled back again.
However, I then realized that creating the Release Notes list in JIRA is not automatically
connected to marking the version as released, so the comment is already outdated.

Regards
  Florian