From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: Roadmap for 2.9.1
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 16:01:49 GMT
Hi there,

good points, I'd like to add some more:

* cleaning up the build system: tidy cleanup, clear separation of generated files from the
codebase
* improving documentation for absolute beginners: both users and devs/contributors
* improving architectural documentation (use cases etc.)
* improving configurability of the search engine (attachments)
* fix wiki permissions (JSPWIKI-626)
* warning for / preventing session timeout (JSPWIKI-579)

BTW, Harry, one of your points is a very old issue: JSPWIKI-90 :-)

Two general thoughts that don't fit into the 2.9.1 discussion, but have to do with goals and
roadmaps:
* I often think of nice features but always come to the conclusion that they're hard to implement
because of lacking metadata -> JCR backend. So, after graduation, we really should think
of these hidden treasures in the 3.0 branch.
* Another point is the technology stack. There are new technologies around HTML5 and the cloud
available. One, well, dream is being able to use JSPWiki offline within the browser and resync
when going online again.

Regards
 Florian