From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Volunteering to finish JSPWIKI-746
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 21:45:50 GMT
Hi all,

currently there're only 3 groups of tests dependencies downloaded from
svn.apache.org [#1], which are blocking the release. For each of these
groups, switching to versions requires to make changes in specific,
well-defined, places of the source code.

For those people willing to, it's an excellent occasion to start becoming
involved with JSPWiki source. Hence, I'd like to call for volunteers to
finish this issue, which can be splitted in three tasks:

- changing jasper jars: downgrading to 5.5.23 ought to be enough, this
should be real easy. There are only two files related to this change:
build.xml and .classpath

- upgrading jetty jars: most probably it makes sense to upgrade to latest
Jetty and rewrite org.apache.wiki.web.
TestContainer class, which is launched through webtest-exec macrodef.
Probably this is going to be the task taking more time, but I think it's
also the most interesting one.

- upgrading selenium jars: upgrade them to at least 1.0-beta-2. If this can
be done w/o changing code, we could try to upgrade to 1.0.2.

I was going to begin with these tasks during next week but, if there's
anyone willing to step in, patches (or commits) will be much appreciated :-)

br,
juan pablo

[#1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-746