From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3rd RC?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 20:38:40 GMT
Hi,

2.9.0-incubating-10 should run cleanly everytime, fixes the clean and
hsqldb issues. Also, the libraries are downloaded from Central whenever is
possible. Which leads me to a couple of questions:

1) what RC3 should be: as we haven't voted on it yet, I'd like that
2.9.0-incubating-10 would become to RC3/2.9.0-final. I know is a PITA,
specially for Janne who is building and pushing the signed artifacts all
along, so it would be ok for me if we vote on current RC3 tag / generated
artifacts.

2) what to do with the jars placed at libs folder in svn: if we vote on
current RC3 tag / artifacts, they should all remain there. If we vote on a
tag based on 2.9.0-incubating-10, we could delete a big bunch of files. In
any case, the jars remaining there after the release, should be there like,
forever. As there are a few jars that aren't present on Central (i.e. jrcs,
sandler and a few others), some jars are going to be in svn anyways.

Also, there are some jars that could be downloaded from Central if we
upgrade them to newer versions, but I think it's safer to do this later on,
just to freeze the release..

thoughts?

rgrds,
juan pablo

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <
juanpablo.santos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just added some comments there. Regarding the clean target + hsqldb
> shutdown, I'll take a look at it this week [1], plus downloading the jars
> from Central (whenever is possible), to avoid having a big libs folder in
> our svn. No need to have this in the 3rd rc, but I'd like to have this
> before graduating
>

> br,
> juan pablo
>
> [1]: the clean target should be a no-brainer, for hsqldb I was thinking of
> pulling from build.xml into the appropiate setUp/tearDown methods, in order
> to ensure it gets properly closed.
>

> On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Florian Holeczek <florian@holeczek.de>wrote:
>
>> Thanks Janne,
>>
>> true, I had already written down some notes on that before. There's
>> pretty much to clean and simplify in our build process. But it's obviously
>> been good enough until now, so that can wait till after graduation, I'd
>> think.
>>
>> However, I'm wondering whether the library handling introduced in
>> JSPWIKI-738 could lead to problems later on. I've added some notes in JIRA.
>>
>> Regards
>>  Florian

So I was
I was