From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: 3rd RC?
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:12:34 GMT
Hi Juan Pablo,

ok, if it's like that, the current solution is fine. Thanks for clarifying this!

Regards
 Florian

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
Von: "Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez" <juanpablo.santos@gmail.com>
An: jspwiki-dev@incubator.apache.org
Gesendet: Samstag, 11. August 2012 18:50:16
Betreff: Re: 3rd RC?

Hi!

the vote is made against a SVN tag, which should be clean of external jars;
the artifacts are generated for convenience. Each jar in svn.lib is named
with its version so, as long as build.xml refers to the appropiate
versions, there shouldn't be any problem with newer libs. We can have
external jars on our svn, but not alongside with code.

To ease versioning, I initially thought of having different sub-folders
inside svn.lib, according to released versions, but that would mean on most
cases having copies of the same jars on those sub-folders so I preferred to
stay on a single libs dir.

br,
juan pablo

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Florian Holeczek <florian@holeczek.de>wrote:

> Hi Juan Pablo,
>
> haven't been looking at incubating-10 yet, but replying on 2):
>
> According to your answer in the related JIRA issue, we should return to
> the previous libs place for the ones which can't be downloaded from maven
> central. There doesn't seem to be any requirement saying that the libs
> aren't allowed in the repository; they're just not allowed in the src
> artifact, which can be achieved by excluding them from packaging.
> In build.xml, one can then for the libraries refer to the svn.tag, like
> it's done for the src checkout, too. The current solution means that there
> is no versioning in the libs directory, so it would have to stay there
> forever (i.e. as long as related releases should be buildable) and would
> probably grow over time.
> WDYT?
>
> Regarding upgrading: Fully agree! Not now, but definitely later. There are
> even some libraries which aren't maintained anymore.
>
> Regards
>  Florian

RC.

my problems