From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject Re: JSPWiki status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "July2012" by JuanPabloSantos)
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:31:20 GMT

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez
<> wrote:
> Regarding the binary dependencies. Wasn't the discussion on general@ more
> focused on (or raised because of) transitive dependencies which were
> brought into the build and not being AL-compatible?

No, all the dependencies discussed were compliant with Apache
policies. The problem was about having binaries included in the source

> Also, the build is Ant based, so we need them to be there in order to be
> able to build.

The proposed solution for this case was to put the dependencies in a
separate -deps archive, that can be combined with the source release
to make it buildable. The build script can also automatically download
such separate binary dependencies.

Jukka Zitting

View raw message