From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: code coverage and sonar integration
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:59:30 GMT

What we're pretty successfully doing right now at my current work is that we use Maven for
dependency management (and Eclipse integration), but Ant for scripting, building, etc.  We
just dumped Ivy because it's hard to configure correctly and has inferior IDE integration.

Check out ant-maven-tasks; it's pretty useful.

/Janne

On Jun 27, 2012, at 12:33 , Florian Holeczek wrote:

> Hi Juan Pablo and Janne,
>
> improving our build management is something I've had in mind for a long time already.
Just having a look at the output of some Ant visualization tool is demonstrating that there
is much room for improvement :-)
> I remember a discussion with Janne on this. He wasn't really in favour of Maven, and,
after I've personally seen some not that huge project suffering from Maven's complexity, I
tend to share his opinion.
> IMO, JSPWiki has definitely grown too big for Ant, but it's ways too small for Maven.
I think Ivy might be a small partial improvement regarding dependency management, but the
most promising candidate to me is Gradle [1].