From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [VOTE] Graduate JSPWiki from Incubator
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 21:50:23 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm forwarding this from general@incubator

When beginning the [VOTE] thread I stated that 2 releases were made
following Apache guidelines, but it turns out that I was mistaken: 2.8.3
and 2.8.4 were released following apache *voting* guidelines, but they were
neither distributed the apache way, nor gpg-signed, for instance. So, we
need to make the first Apache release (will close JSPWIKI-717 and
JSPWIKI-557) before proceeding into any kind voting.

@mentors: shall we withdraw this vote until a release is made following ASF
guidelines?

regards,
juan pablo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Date: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Graduate JSPWiki from Incubator
To: general@incubator.apache.org

On 4/15/2012 5:46 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:
> we have made two releases following
> the ASF policies and guidelines. Thanks to the mentorship we have received
> through this period, we have learnt to self-govern and grow our community
> using accepted Apache practices.

As noted by others, this seems counter-factual.  Although candidates
may have been prepared, no candidate was voted for release and therefore
no candidate was a release.  "Made no releases" would be an accurate
statement, as would "Made two candidates".  Candidates are not sufficient
for graduation as I understand incubator policy.

Due to placing an unapproved candidate into distribution, I trust that
the second comment, finishing 'learning... accepted Apache practices'
is also a statement due to be revisited.  I'm sure JSPwiki mentors will
be circling the wagons, and working out what went wrong, and ensuring
everyone involved understands how the mistakes occurred, and any missing
documentation will be added to incubator guidance documents.

> Please cast your votes:
>
> [  ]  +1 Graduate JSPWiki from Incubator
> [  ]  +0 Indifferent to graduation status of JSPWiki
> [  ]  +1 Reject graduation of JSPWiki from Incubator
>
> This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours from now.

At this time, it would be prudent to withdraw this vote from consideration
address all identified concerns, and wait for another day to put forward
this vote again, once i's are dotted, and t's are crossed.