From Harry Metske <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate JSPWiki from Incubator
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:58:42 GMT
Ross (and others),

to comment on your question
"please provide a summary of why the proposals to declare failure in Jan
were rejected and what activities have been undertaken to turn this
"failure" to graduation."

When we started our ASF adventure, the intent was to use JSPWiki 3.0 as
graduation candidate. This 3.0 release had 2 major changes, JCR backend and
Stripes front-end.
Both new components were a 99% effort of Janne and Andrew. After 2 to 3
years these two components were not finished, and both Janne and Andrew
could not spend enough time to get it finished. My idea is that with these
two big changes pending it was too much for the rest of the committers to
grasp all this.

Three changes made me change my mind a bit on my first statement:
* the decision (based on votes on the list) to drop these two components
and go back to the "classic" JSPWiki as the graduation candidate
* Juan Pablo stepping up, and becoming more active than the years before
* Florian stating in [1] : "So, assumed that there are quite some people
left willing to finish graduation, I'd be willing to take charge of the
related tasks."

[1] -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-jspwiki-dev/201201.mbox/%3Cbdd708d4-057d-4d20-acc2-24cc55cb3782@vm103%3E

Hope this is an answer to your question.

kind regards,
Harry Metske