From Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <juanpablo.san...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: After Apache front-end: no log in, no trail
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:23:40 GMT
Hello Mariano,

there are two possible ways of setting your JSPWiki instance up:
1.- baseUrl pointing to es.dbpedia.org: in this case you won't be able to
see a nice JSPWiki when going directly through tomcat; resources are
requested to /templates/whatever instead of /DBPediaES/templates/whatever.
That's why you don't get the decorated pages when going directly through
tomcat.

2.- baseUrl pointing to http://asera.ii.uam.es:8080/DBpediaES: With your
current Apache2 configuration, it's the opposite situation. In this case
resources (through Apache2) will be requested to
http://es.dbpedia.org/DBPediaES/templates/whatever

I think that your best option goes with sticking to option #2, as it is the
only one which will enable you to have your JSPWiki nicely seen in both
cases.

Once you have your JSPWiki instance configured to be seen through plain
tomcat, the next step should be tweak your Apache configuration. You should
need your ProxyRequest(Reverse) directives as they are now, plus some more
extra configuration. I don't know in detail the internals of the apache2
configuration, but may be an Alias directive to map /DBPediaES requests to
/ [1] or some mod_rewrite configuration ([2], [3]) will be enough to do the
trick.

regards,
juan pablo

[1]: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_alias.html