From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: JSPWiki & Apache Incubation => to summarize
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:34:47 GMT
Hi Harry,

+1 from me, too.

Regards
 Florian

----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----
Von: "Harry Metske" <harry.metske@gmail.com>
An: jspwiki-dev@incubator.apache.org
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 21:00:58
Betreff: JSPWiki & Apache Incubation => to summarize

Folks,

to summarize all mails, I think we can conclude:

* Janne and Andrew (the two main developers) will not spend time on the
project anymore ( lots of thanks to you for all the work done)
* a few developers (Florian, Juan Pablo, Harry) can still spend some time,
and would like to stick to ASF
* the majority of the respondents have indicated a preference for 2.8 as
"the way to go", and we should try to graduate with that

If this is true and nobody opposes I like to make some start and "do
something":

1) reorganize the JIRA issues so it reflects our intent to graduate 2.8
2) reorganize Subversion:
   2a) clear the JSPWIKI_3_0_BRANCH (it contains old stuff from up until
2011-01-24)
   2b) move the current trunk to that JSPWIKI_3_0_BRANCH (it contains a lot
of good code that should not be thrown away)
   2c) clear the trunk
   2d) move the branch JSPWIKI_2_8_BRANCH to trunk (this is what we will
try to graduate)
3) maybe a package rename and some bug fixes

let me know if you disagree

regards,
Harry