From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 3.0.0-alpha...
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 21:42:42 GMT

Hi Dave, and welcome :-)

Yeah, the documentation is fairly comprehensive  - the big issue is that the first release
will be looked at fairly carefully, but the folks at incubator-list are quite helpful (though
sometimes a bit terse) in their comments. The big things are the IP clearances.

As such, we really need just someone to coordinate and push the release through. It doesn't
basically even need to compile, just get a release out of the door so that we can become a
top-level-project (TLP).

/Janne

On Mar 7, 2011, at 08:43 , Florian Holeczek wrote:

> Hi Dave, and welcome back!
>
> Happy to read that there are some people willing to contribute. Seems as if there's still
lack of people who can coordinate the release, as Janne describes it. Well, never done that
before, but I would be ready to try ;) Can't be that hard, since Apache's documentation seems
to be quite good.

> I'm not very deep into the codebase, but I can at least give a top level view. The two
major changes in 3.0 are
> * front end uses the Stripes framework, mainly done by Andrew
> * back end uses the Java Content Repository interface (JSR-170), mainly done by Janne
>
> Guess the easiest way to start is to dig into the codebase and have a look at the open
JIRA issues.