From Dave Wolf <dave.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 3.0.0-alpha...
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 13:32:59 GMT
@Janne: I was simply answering Florian's question as to my reasoning for the
development trunk. Obviously, the current develop process works and so we
shouldn't change it and I do agree with you regarding the merging,
definitively a PITA.

Dave Wolf

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that
is less than the one you are capable of living." --Nelson Mandela

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalkanen@ecyrd.com>wrote:

> If you really want, go ahead, - but be aware that all of our automated
> build systems assume trunk. Also, merging stuff with svn is a real PITA,
> which is why I'd like to avoid the creation of new branches.
>
> /Janne
>
> On 11 Mar 2011, at 07:03, Dave Wolf wrote:
>
> > @Florian: Having a branch for development work really puts a strong focus
> on
> > what will be included in the associated release and the trunk remains the
> > overall code repository. At the end of the release, tags are created as
> > appropriate and the branch is merged into the trunk. Either way will
> work.
> > In the organizations where I've worked over the past few years, we've
> only
> > performed our development work in release / functionality specific
> branches.
> >

> > @Janne: Shall I create saved-src/WebContent/.. &
> saved-tests/WebContent/...
> > directories for the two JSPs (FCK.jsp & TestMigratorForm.jsp)?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave Wolf
> >
> > "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life
> that
> > is less than the one you are capable of living." --Nelson Mandela
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Janne Jalkanen <
> janne.jalkanen@ecyrd.com>wrote:
> >

> >> Sure, the more stuff we can get rid off the better.  But I'd still keep
> it
> >> in the trunk.
> >>
> >> /Janne

> >> supported