From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: Releasing 3.0.0-alpha...
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 06:43:57 GMT
Hi Dave, and welcome back!

Happy to read that there are some people willing to contribute. Seems as if there's still
lack of people who can coordinate the release, as Janne describes it. Well, never done that
before, but I would be ready to try ;) Can't be that hard, since Apache's documentation seems
to be quite good.

I'm not very deep into the codebase, but I can at least give a top level view. The two major
changes in 3.0 are
* front end uses the Stripes framework, mainly done by Andrew
* back end uses the Java Content Repository interface (JSR-170), mainly done by Janne

Guess the easiest way to start is to dig into the codebase and have a look at the open JIRA
issues.

Regards
 Florian

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
Von: "Dave Wolf" <dave.wolf@gmail.com>
An: jspwiki-dev@incubator.apache.org
CC: "Janne Jalkanen" <Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 7. März 2011 02:28:57
Betreff: Re: Releasing 3.0.0-alpha...

I would be willing to get involved again and contribute to the code base.
Sorry for the late response, I've been away for a while ('er years) and I
had the messages getting filtered. I should have a bit of time to devote to
JSPWiki. I'm pretty far out of the loop tho.

What (Java) issues might I focus on first?

Regards,
Dave Wolf

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that
is less than the one you are capable of living." --Nelson Mandela