From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Time for an exit
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 00:15:34 GMT
Janne,

I think it's time for me to come to terms with the fact that in looking
ahead into the foreseeable future there's almost no likelihood that I
will be able to devote any time to the JSPWiki project -- it's been
quite a long time now since I have. The original project that got me
involved was cancelled by a new director who thereafter resigned his
post, and since that time I've done little JSPWiki-related development
except creating and/or maintaining some existing wiki implementations.
We're currently undergoing Yet Another Reorganisation, this one of an
order that will permanently eliminate the possibility of any innovative
design or development. There is even some concern about waht will happen
with the existing intranet wiki (which is quite successful, actually).

I probably don't need to state my feelings about this.

I'm happy to provide any of the existing JSPWiki-related code that I
have to whomever might be interested in maintaining it. This includes
quite a number of plugins that I've not been able to devote any time
in updating or maintaining -- though all to my knowledge work just
fine with the 2.8.x wiki). If anyone is interested we can discuss this
off-list.

For what it's worth, I've enjoyed working with the team and have always
been very impressed with both the team communications and the quality
of the work, and wish all of you and the project continued success.

All the best,

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray10 at altheim dot com>                       ===  = =

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record