From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: TLP tasks?
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:16:12 GMT
Hi Henri,

We're mostly done with incubation. The only real issue is that there
has never been an official Apache-branded release of JSPWiki. There
have been releases done "the Apache way" by the team, but they were
not Apache branded and were published outside the Apache
infrastructure. So the group has never gone through the rite of
passage called "make an Apache release".

Any insights you have are certainly appreciated.

Craig

On Sep 18, 2010, at 9:06 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> I'm interested in helping out with JSPWiki, and I suspect I might be
> more useful helping with any ASF issues than by simply diving into the
> code.
>
> If I understand things correctly, the following is all that's needed
> before JSPWiki can move to TLP?
>
> 1/ "Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the
> ASF been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
> package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project. "
>
> 2/ "Check and make sure that for all code included with the
> distribution that is not under the Apache license, we have the right
> to combine with Apache-licensed code and redistribute. "
>
> Are these still open?
>
> The actual TLP process move looks to be defined in the following 9
> JIRA issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310732&fixfor=12313986&resolution=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC
>
> Of that list, I would say that the following aren't blockers:
>
> * Clean unit test builds (JSPWIKI-636)
> * Release 3.0.0-incubating-alpha-1 (JSPWIKI-461)
> * Prepare a charter (JSPWIKI-538)
>
> For the last one, just declare a charter of "We abide by the Apache
> bylaws". There's no reason you have to waste your energy creating new
> rules unless you've found unique reasons to need them.
>
> Also, JSPWIKI-543 is post graduation. Infra takes care of a lot of
> this.
>
> Apologies for butting in if you're already all over this,
>
> Hen

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo