From Siegfried Goeschl <sgoes...@gmx.at>
Subject Fwd: Call for Participation: Technical Talks -- ApacheCon North America 2010
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:27:50 GMT
Hi folks,

anyone interested out there? I'm pretty sure that JSPWiki and its future
development are of general interest and having an ApacheCon presentation
on the resume might be of your personal interest ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Call for Participation: Technical Talks -- ApacheCon North
America 2010
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
To: announce@apachecon.com

ApacheCon North America 2010
1-5 November 2010 -- Westin Peachtree in Atlanta

Technical Tracks: Call For Participation
All submissions must be received by Friday, 28 May 2010 at midnight
Pacific Time.
The official conference, trainings, and expo of The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF) returns to Atlanta this November, with dozens of
technical, business, and community-focused sessions at the beginner,
intermediate, and advanced levels.

Over the past decade, the ASF has gone from strength to strength,
developing and shepherding nearly 150 Top-Level Projects and new
initiatives in the Apache Incubator and Labs. This year's ApacheCon
celebrates how Apache technologies have sparked creativity, challenged
processes, streamlined development, improved collaboration, launched
businesses, bolstered economies, and improved lives.

We are proud of our achievements and recognize that the global Apache
community --both developers and users-- are responsible for the success
and popularity of our products.

The ApacheCon Planning Team are soliciting 50-minute technical
presentations for the next conference, which will focus on the theme
“Servers, the Cloud, and Innovation”.

We are particularly interested in highly-relevant,
professionally-directed presentations that demonstrate specific
probrlems and real-world solutions. Part of the technical program has
already been planned; we welcome proposals based on the following Apache
Projects and related technical areas:

- Cassandra/NoSQL
- Content Technologies
- (Java) Enterprise Development
- Felix/OSGi
- Geronimo
- Hadoop + friends/Cloud Computing
- Lucene, Mahout + friends/Search
- Tomcat
- Tuscany
Submissions are open to anyone with relevant expertise: ASF affiliation
is not required to present at, attend, or otherwise participate in
ApacheCon.

Please keep in mind that whilst we encourage submissions that the
highlight the use of specific Apache solutions, we are unable to accept
marketing/commercially-oriented presentations.

Other proposals, such as panels, or those longer than 50 minutes in
duration have been considered in the past. You are welcome to submit an
alternate presentation, however, such sessions are accepted under
exceptional circumstances. Please be as descriptive as possible,
including names/bios of proposed panelists and any related details.

All accepted speakers (not co-presenters) qualify for general conference
admission and a minimum of two nights lodging at the conference hotel.
Additional hotel nights and travel assistance are possible, depending on
the number of presentations given and type of assistance needed.

To submit a presentation proposal, please send an email to submissions
AT apachecon DOT com containing the following information in plaintext
(no attachments, please):

1. Your full name, title, and organization

2. Contact information, including your address

3. The name of your proposed session (keep your title simple and
relevant to the topic)

4. The technical category of the intended presentation (Cassandra/NoSQL;
Content Technologies; (Java) Enterprise Development; Felix/OSGi;
Geronimo; Hadoop + friends/Cloud Computing; Lucene, Mahout +
friends/Search; Tomcat; or Tuscany)

5. The classification for each presentation (Servers, Cloud, or
Innovation) – some presentations may have more than one theme (e.g., a
next-generation server can be classified both as "Servers" and "Innovation"

6. The intended audience level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)

7. A 75-200 word overview of your presentation

8. A 100-200-word speaker bio that includes prior conference speaking or
related experience

9. Feedback or references (with contact information) on presentations
given within the last three years

To be considered, proposals must be received by Friday, 28 May 2010 at
midnight Pacific Time. Please email any questions regarding proposal
submissions to cfp AT apachecon DOT com.

Technical Tracks Key Dates

23 April 2010: Call For Participation Open
28 May 2010: Call For Participation Closes
11 June 2010: Speaker Acceptance/Rejection Notification
1-5 November 2010: ApacheCon NA 2010
We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

For the ApacheCon Planning team,
Sally Khudairi, Program Lead