From Dirk Frederickx <dirk.frederi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seperate thread on JSON and AJAX
Date Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:38:58 GMT
Andrew,

Why not use the org.json.JSONObject class, which is already part of
the jspwiki package.  (part of the jsonrpc bridge)
It keeps the json processing very simple.  Also the client-side
processing becomes very simple.
WDYT ?

   public EventResolution( ActionBeanContext context, Object... objects )
    {
        m_jsonobject = new JSONObject( new Result(context, objects) );
    }

    public void execute( HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response ) throws Exception
    {
        response.setContentType( "application/json" );
        m_jsonobject.write( response.getWriter() );
        response.flushBuffer();
    }

dirk

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:13 AM, Andrew Jaquith
<andrew.r.jaquith@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd normally rather "wrap" the JavaScriptResolution class than extend it.
>
> But taking a look at the code, extension might be the only way to do
> it. Of course, we could also offer to contribute a "JSONResolution"
> back to the Stripes folks to ensure that it stays current.
>
> Anybody want to take a whack at creating JSONResolution? I'd offer,
> but I'd like to help Dirk get some other JS issues taken care of
> first, and get rid of a few more unit test failures.
>
> Andrew
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Dirk Frederickx
> <dirk.frederickx@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually, the Stripes JavascriptResolution has already all the ingredients.
>> In only lacks the API to build a JSON object (avoiding the client
>> eval() ) as a complementary API to the cuurent build of the javascript
>> snippet.
>>
>> Maybe we can extend the stripes implementation ?
>>

>> dirk

>>> Writing a JSONResolution is really simple, BTW. Have done it for corporate purposes
(so can't cut-n-paste the code, unfortunately, and partly therefore would prefer if someone
else did it). The reason why Stripes does it the way it does is because this way it can marshal
e.g. circular references and other goodies. So it's a very generic system that works with
pretty much everything, and can be eval()ed nicely. However, doing eval() is generally discouraged
(it's a potential security hole) and therefore many JS libs are already using either the native
JSON parser or roll their own.