From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wro4j
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:01:00 GMT
Dirk --

Taking a quick peek at both WRO4J and JAWR, I like WRO4J more. It
appears to require just one servlet filter, which isn't great but
isn't too bad either. JAWR requires much more configuration.

In contrast, it seems WRO4J would support a key goal: breaking the
JavaScript files into chunks. For example, the AJAX "quicksearch" is
used only by SearchBox.jsp. That JS code should probably go into
either a classpath dir or a parallel tree hierarchy that mirrors the
Java package structure. WRO4J doesn't have JAWR's the ability to
inject the JS and CSS code directly into the JSP via JSP tags, but
that is ok.

PS. I've got some enhanced Stripes JS code done that makes the
"quicksearch" feature work again, using the ActionBean URLs. It also
respects ACLS. I'll check that in soon.

Andrew