From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAPTCHA handling -- quick update
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:10:55 GMT
Small correction (this is what happens when you type too quickly) --

CAPTCHAs are rendered, by default, ONLY if the previous post contains
spam. The missing "only" makes all the difference. :)

The important point is that we are treating spam, essentially, as a
form validation error.

If you don't submit spam, it won't produce a validation error, so you
won't see a CAPTCHA. (Unless the JSP requires it, for example, when
creating a user account).

Andrew