From Florian Holeczek <flor...@holeczek.de>
Subject Re: 2 last failing unit tests
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:51:55 GMT
Hi Harry,

> +1 for me for becoming completely case-sensitive, I understand that
> this will break compatibility with 2.8 a bit more, but it would makes
> things simpler I think.

eeehm... you mean case insensitive I guess?

Janne wrote case insensitive and that's where my +1 goes :-)

> BTW: Is the same discussion true for camelCaseLinks and
> matchEnglishPlurals, and if so, should we drop that too ?

Good question. My thoughts: For linking without special markup, one
needs such a notation. But that's the frontend, and we're talking about
making the backend case-insensitive. So MyCamelCaseLink would simply be
mapped to the case-insensitive internal name, e.g. mycamelcaselink.

I'm wondering about what to do with this special fuzzy logic of mapping
"My Test Page" to "MyTestPage". I think this piece of code is
responsible for many oddities and although it means breaking backwards
compatibility even more, removing it would be best.

Regards
 Florian