From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Priha shutdown
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:15:32 GMT
> One thing I've noticed in recent Priha builds is that it checks for a
> lockfile to ensure exclusive use. That is a good idea, but it's meant
> I had to hunt down and kill a few stray WikiEngine references in unit
> tests that didn't call WikiEngine.shutdown(). Easily done once I knew
> what to look for.

Yeah, the lockfile is quite mandatory; it would be too easy to get
file corruption otherwise.  Priha JdbcProvider does not actually
create this lockfile; instead, it assumes that the underlying database
is smart enough to handle concurrent access.  So this behaviour is
specific to the FileProvider.

/Janne