From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Priha shutdown
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:19:22 GMT
> Just like with SQL, such methods aren't in the JCR standard. Do we
> check
> whether we're really using Priha while calling this method?

Yeah, kind of. There's a bit of wonky code in
ContentManager.shutdown() which uses reflection to call the shutdown()
method, but it should work roughly similarly for all Repository
implementations which implement shutdown().

My guess is that this will fail with Alfresco and some other tools
though...

> Hmm, doesn't that sound like using a singleton would be the way to go?

Using a singleton (and accessing it through JNDI) is one possible
deployment method, yes, but it does not protect against two JVMs
accessing the same physical file system and directory.  That's why the
lockfile.

/Janne