From Christoph Trattner <ctratt...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>
Subject AF-Wiki the Austria version of JSPWiki
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 19:08:20 GMT
Dear JSPWiki community,

My Name is Christoph Trattner. I am a PHD student from the Technical
University of Graz (www.tugraz.at <http://www.tugraz.at>) the second
biggest city from a small country called Austria :-)

At the moment I am the lead developer of a wiki system called
Austria-Lexikon which can be (at the bottom line) seen as a further
development of JSPWiki (version 2.8.1/2 and jscript from 3.0 trunk).

As I am a big fan of this wiki I wanted to share with you, that we are
nearly almost done with our enhancements and going to release the system
officially on 9th of October at a press conference in Vienna.

Here the feature list:

    * AL (Austria-Lexikon) fully supports creation and handling sub
      pages (sub sub pages, sub sub sub pages, etc...) at system lvl.

    * AL has lot's of new build-in plug-ins for displaying categories
      like a bloggingplugin, glossarypluging, tabbedglossaryplugin,
      categoryindexplugin, etc.

    * AL supports hierarchical Unused and Undefined Pages support

    * AL has a build-in page-renamer module and filter-module which can
      move wholecategories AND syncs with ANY plug-in resources now
      (also updating tag-database/search-engine/ref-manager/cache). Thus
      if you move a page called "test/test/test" for instance to
      "test2/test" and ANY plug-in point to that resource
      "test/test/test" (e.g. Einf├╝gen eines Plugins fehlgeschlagen:
      Parameter 'src' is required for Image plugin ) will be updates to
      "test2/test"

    * All File-Providers and interfaces were updated to support easy
      category handling

    * AL is fully cached (caching page provider nearly rewritten)

    * AL supports sever side image resizing and thumb generation
      (built-in). Thus images can be uploaded in full quality and can be
      scaled online. Attach-Provider generates thumbs on the fly (also
      deletes unused ones) Developed bunch of image gallery plug-in.

    * AL supports hierarchical Image Preview (note the "vorschau" tab)

    * AL supports hierarchical search as well as tag based search
      (lucene search provider nearly rewritten)

    * AL integrates a structured tagging system to support better search
      and information retrieval (full search provider integration)

    * AL extends Slimbox to handle inline content

    * AL defines a new style called coolborder

    * AL supports automated creation of closed users website

    * AL extends plain editor to enable high lightening within the
      editors textarea (very cool :))

    * File upload is also integrated within the editor now. Files are
      automatically displayed within the editor.

    * Fully integrated book marking and content creation system (not
      done yet)

    * Many new plug-in and filters

    * Many bug fixes during development of this system

    * etc.

I hope you will take a look at www.austria-lexikon.at
<http://www.austria-lexikon.at> and tell me how you like the Austrian
version of the JSPWiki system :)

As this wiki will be officially presented to the public on October the
9th as the biggest "free" wikibased encyclopaedia system we have here in
Austria, it would be very nice if you could give me some feedback.

Of course I am going to share my source with you as soon as we have an
official release

However...I hope you like it :)

Best Regards,

Christoph Trattner

Ps.: The wiki is still under heavy development, so please don't mind if
our site is down for deploying new features.
PPs.: I hope you don't mind if I create a site within JSPWiki as a
placeholde to post code and answer questions .