From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Parsing fun
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 06:25:43 GMT

Yes, we've allowed spaces in wiki page names since 2.6.

However, we do also check - for backwards compatibility - also for the
mashedtogethername if the wiki page with spaces does not exist. So

[Test page] => first check for the existence of "Test page" => if not
exist, then try to find "TestPage".

There's a fairly hairy problem which is that we kind of assume that
the comparison can be done in a case insensitive manner.  So on some
operating systems (like Linux) [test page] might actually not match
"Test page", but it would match "TestPage" (because mashing also
normalizes the page name).  For 3.0 this is not going to be a problem,
since all pages - also the ones with spaces - are normalized (or
should be normalized; if they're not, then there's a bug.)

This is why you probably have not noticed this, since the hop to page
names with spaces was fairly transparent.

/Janne