From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restart logging?
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 11:55:15 GMT
Ok, I figured it out. Google is my friend. I simply added this to the
[new] WikiEngine.restart() method:

        LogManager.resetConfiguration();
        ClassLoader cl = this.getClass().getClassLoader();
        URL log4jprops = cl.getResource( "log4j.properties" );
        if (log4jprops != null)
            PropertyConfigurator.configure(log4jprops);

...and that's all it took. I'll check this in soon.

Hat-tip goes to Alan Green at bright-green.com. :)

Now, this might not work if somebody swaps out their logging
configuration, so we might want to add in some safeguards to see if
Log4j is actually being used. But to Janne's point, this is about the
first-use experience. Which has now improved dramatically. :)

Andrew