From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restart logging?
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2009 21:52:20 GMT
Hi Harry,

The idea is to configure the wiki, including logging settings, using
the installer screen. Then, after pressing the "Configure!" button,
presto! the wiki is configured the way it should be without needing to
restart the webapp. Instant gratification! It is much better than
having to restart the webapp.

Right now, in my local builds, everything *except* the log file change
seems to work fine. The goal is to have the desired log file location
(configured via the installer) reflected immediately -- the logs start
going to that file. So I want to know how best to do that. Whether it
is JMX or whatever, I don't care. But I am not a logging expert; hence
the broadcast. If you have ideas I'd like to hear about them.

Andrew