From Harry Metske <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PageViewPlugin
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:03:25 GMT
2009/8/31 Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalkanen@iki.fi>

> > Keeping the data as property of the page would break the performance of
> the plugin.
> > (and would make a sliding behaviour like dividing all counts by 2 every
> time period
> > that much more difficult to implement)
>
> Not really; would be really easy to find them all with an XPath query.
> The bigger problem is that they would probably kill read perf because
> it would result in a DB write for each read.

not necessary, we could still use the current (in memory) caching mechanism.
We should then keep delta values there, and after interval expiry, read the
pagecount value from the JCR node for each entry from the im-mem cache, add
the delta values and write back to JCR.
This does assume that we have locking capabilities on the JCR page.
This way we would also support multiple wiki instances.

/Harry