From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: ajax in v3.x -
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:17:51 GMT

There's an advantage for using JSPs if the response needs to be
templated.  I'm not saying we need it at this moment, but sometimes
plain XHTML is not good enough, since the template writer might need
to rewrite it for his needs.  In which case we don't want to force
them to rewrite the ActionBean.  In general, returning non-
templateable XHTML could be considered bad, since it forces a
particular content structure, which might not go well with your
template ideas.

So I wouldn't dismiss it so readily. We need to figure out in which
cases (if any) it actually is useful to template the response.
Reference:

http://stripesframework.org/display/stripes/AJAX+even+easier

/Janne