From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: utf8 issue in jspwiki section and ref urls
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 07:21:16 GMT
>   1. National characters should be supported in section names as
> well as
>   they are in WikiPage names ( in a user readable form.) Why?
>   I'd like to link to some specific section with it's url in an
> external
>   application.

What do you mean by "supported"?  Section names are URI identifiers,
which means that only ASCII (minus some characters) are allowed. This
means that they *cannot* be in an user-readable form.

We currently encode the section titles in exactly the same way as the
pagenames, so anything which is supported in the page name is also
supported in the section names.

>   2. Also I'd like to use links in the JSPWiki markup  which refer
> to a
>   specific section of a WikiPage

That does kind of exist already (you can use [WikiPage#sectiontitle]),
but that requires you to be aware of the encoding algorithm. So you
might want to file an issue on that so that the stuff after the
hashmark would also be rewritten correctly.

Patches gladly accepted :-)

/Janne