From Greg Kable <gr...@serapsys.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki in portuguese
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 05:30:49 GMT
Murray Altheim wrote:
> Greg Kable wrote:
>> Florian Holeczek wrote:
> The country and language codes are not managed by Microsoft, so using
> them as a resource relies on their accuracy. It's better to go to the
> source or to a maintenance agency. The source is ISO 3166:

You're dead right and I don't use them as the standard.  The list I
pointed to is just easier for most people than trying to explain both
ISO-639 and ISO-3166 to them.  Next time I won't be so lazy.

You're also right in that, while there are three letter and numeric
versions of these standards, you should stick to the two letter versions.

Regards,
	Greg