From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.r.jaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stripes LocalePicker.Locales
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:41:42 GMT
LocalePicker does some useful things. The first thing it does is
inform Stripes what Locales are available. But perhaps the most
important thing is that it gives the priority order of Locales in
those cases where it is unclear which to use, such as when the user's
browser sends multiple locales. LocalePicker provides the algorithm
for resolving the correct Locale.

Now, as far as JSPWiki is concerned, I agree keeping a separate config
is confusing. It has always been my plan to write a LocalePicker
implementation that uses jspwiki.properties for looking up the
resolution order, AND takes the user's preference setting into account
also. (If set, it should always "win".) I just haven't gotten to it
yet -- pretty far down the priority list.

Andrew