From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Status report for April
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:15:13 GMT
Hi,

The JSPWiki status report is due for April, and I'd like to propose
that we have a discussion about graduation to include in the report.

Now that we've resolved the package name and release number issues,
I'd suggest that the team focus on deciding what kind of release to
make in the short term.

The first release in the incubator need not be a final production-
ready release. So I'd suggest either an alpha or a beta release. There
are folks who will need some time to update their plugins with the new
package names, and feedback from these folks might well be gated by
having a release that is advertised as close to final in terms of
interface. Doesn't need to be close to production, just close to what
we expect the final package to look like.

This guideline for releases while incubating is required reading (and
don't be put off by its size; it shouldn't take more than a couple of
hours to digest...;-) http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Finally, do we have a volunteer to spin the release?

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!