From Tilman Bender <tben...@stud.hs-heilbronn.de>
Subject Re: OpenID support in JSPWiki?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:02:30 GMT
Hey guys,

I am currently plaing with the 2.8.1 code and openid4java.

But I am having a hard time trying to fiugre out where exactly to hook
in the OpenID stuff.
The problem is (as also described in #JSPWIKI-94), that:

1. To me it seems you cannot do the whole thing in JAAS:
OpenID as I understand it has two phases :

Phase I:
- The user just submitted his openid identifier to our login/
registration from.
- We do discovery on the identifier to find the Endpoint of his OpenID
Provider (and check if the provider is in our whitelist)
- We redirect the user to his OpenID provider

So in this phase it makes no sense to me to use a JAAS-Module since we
wouldn't be able to complete the login mehtod
as we do not know enough about the user yet (we do not know if his
identity is asserted by the OpenID Provider).
So I currently do this via JSP  and Scriptlets (no custom tag yet).

Phase II:
- The user is redirected back to us by his OpenID Provider
- We connect to the OpenID Provider to verify the assertion that was
passed along the request (be it a positive or negative assertion)
- Now we know enough about the user to log them in.

I currently try to use UserManager.setUserProfile in this situation.
Now here comes my Problem:

I would like to do all the assertion verifiaction in a JAAS-Module,
but for that I need all the request
data, which I do not have in the setUserProfile-Method.

So currently I am stuck. Before I start to wildly mess the API: Am I
taking the right direction?

Tilman Bender
Student des Software Engineering
Hochschule Heilbronn