From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: JCR commit?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 23:29:01 GMT
Janne Jalkanen wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'd like to make the commit which removes the PageProviders from use and
> replaces them with the JCR backend (I'm scared to keep it in my hard
> drive for long).
>
> However, this will break about 150 unit tests, and I haven't yet had
> time to see which ones became obsolete and which ones are really
> broken.  Also error handling is far from optimal (I don't want to tweak
> it too hard until we decide if we want to change the way we do errors).
> But it should give you a chance to start hacking on it.
>
> Any objections?  The patch is included, if you want to try it out before
> having an opinion. It's against the SVN trunk as of now.

Janne,

Could you remind me again (either by reference to a wiki page, an email,
or some documentation somewhere) of how in the absence of the PageProvider
API we're to create our own PageProviders? In my embedded world I'm using
my XNodeStore (backed by BerkeleyDB) to create an XNodeProvider, which
provides all of the metadata and content used by my instances of the wiki.
I'm currently using 2.8.1 but am trying to remember how I'm going to
migrate (eventually) to 3.0 and I can't seem to find my own documentation.

Thanks,

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray09 at altheim dot com>                       ===  = =

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record