From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Re: Code-name for JSPWiki 3
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:46:31 GMT
Sorry to be so slow on responding to this. I've been watching the naming
discussion and had some negative vibes that I couldn't put my finger on
- until just now.

First, I am an Ubuntu user, and quite frankly, the names are confusing.
I can never keep track of a sequence made up of names (rather than
versions).

Second, the focus on fish names conjures up these thoughts: prey for
others, followers not leaders, not terribly smart, short lived,
perishable and - worst of all - smelly.  None of these are
characteristics that I associate with JSPWiki (nor would want others
to).

Please understand that I myself am a fish lover (to eat, that is).  And
I am not good at all the creative work needed to come up with names
(and, as mentioned above, am not sure of their value).  And I'm very
late in making this comment (but, maybe better late than never?)

I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but thought I'd throw out
these notions anyway.