From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: WikiName normalization
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 21:50:04 GMT

> Another thing I didn't mention in my last mail is the wiki:title.
> Which benefits do we have from maintaining this extra property, which
> seems to be always automatically changed along with the page name?

For example, if the page title is "I like JSPWiki", the normalized
name would be "i like jspwiki", which would look kinda silly as a
page title. Because JCR paths are case sensitive, the Node names need
to be in the normalized form.

Normalization loses information, so we need to store it somewhere,
and that should be the wiki:title attribute.

We *could* of course just invent random Node names, but that has the
downside that we would then need to either use XPath queries to
locate  page, or maintain an internal normalized name -> uuid
mapping, and that's extra baggage, I think.

/Janne