From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Summary of votes for Andrew's 3 items
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:52:39 GMT
> I don't have an answer for how to achieve consensus here. I
> understand Murray's point that moving an interface or class is
> itself disruptive, not stable. On the other hand, changing the
> package from ecyrd to apache is equally disruptive and will need to
> be done at some point anyway.

Yes, and that is why I proposed that this is done for 3.0, since
everything will break *anyway*.  It would be much easier to tell the
developer that from now on out, the APIs you've been using will be
living in this namespace, and if you stick to that namespace, we'll
try really hard to make sure that your apps don't break.

It's a simple, friendly message, and it gives us the option to move
our internal classes around as much as we please while retaining
stability for plugin developers.

(For example, I would like to move the WikiPage and the rest of the
classes aside from the Release class into org.apache.jspwiki.core to
keep them from polluting the top-level package. This gives a clear
indication as to what they do.)

/Janne