From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Was: Closed: (JSPWIKI-396) UTF-8 characters in wiki pages incorrectly rendered if served by Weblogic
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:26:17 GMT

I think some bugs can be closed down if there's no response from the
original submitter for further info.  This is a fairly common
practice and makes sure bugs don't linger for years in the database,
and keeps the amount of open bugs to a manageable level.  It's not
uncommon for someone to file a bug, then later realize that it was a
config problem, but they never bother to come back and mark the issue
fixed or even send a comment that it's ok.

However, I think it might be a good idea to add a "Proposed to close
until further info is received by XX.XX.XXXX" and give everybody say,
four weeks time to comment before calling it closed.  I think from
28.12 to 4.1 is not a lot of time, especially since the holidays are
still ongoing for some.

/Janne