From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Vote requested: package renaming
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 20:24:12 GMT

On Dec 30, 2008, at 10:33 AM, Andrew Jaquith wrote:

> I *would* favor creating a separate API package tree if we could name
> it something *really different*, like keeping com.ecyrd.jspwiki -- but
> that is not an option for us. So the next best option, IMO, is to keep
> everything in the same tree, just like we've always done.

I wonder if this really is the major sticking point.

Seems to me that putting the interfaces into their own package really
is different, not like keeping them in the org.apache.jspwiki package
which users would then need to know that only sub-packages were
implementation packages.

If you have this org.apache.jspwiki.api with sub-packages, that is
really a neon-green highlight.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com