From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Movin' along
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 00:29:44 GMT

On Dec 20, 2008, at 2:27 PM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>> Are you saying you want to wait until all the 40 plus-things-we-
>> haven't-found-yet have been fixed before renaming, or before
>> release? I hope it's the latter.
>
> Release.  The only reason we don't want to rename now is that
> merging back the JCR branch would be a pain.
>
>> At some point, 3.0 will need to have a first release, which is
>> really what the incubator is best at. Call it -alpha, call it -
>> earlyaccess, call it anything, but release it as an Apache release.
>
> Hm?  We can do that?

You betcha! An Apache release can even be broken code (although
generally we discourage that). As long as the community wants to
release, we release. We get lots of help from the mentors and the rest
of the incubator PMC to be sure that what we release is properly
identified as Apache licensed or has a compatible license and out we go.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!