From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Stripes packages
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:34:35 GMT
On Dec 3, 2008, at 21:54 , Andrew Jaquith wrote:

> Now that it's in the trunk we can move things around a bit. Here's
> how I'd divide what's (today) in the .action package:
>
> - ActionBeans -- these are the "business logic" beans. Probably
> should stay in the .action package.

Agreed.

> - WikiContextFactory -- partially replaces CommandResolver; makes
> WikiContexts. This should go somewhere else, maybe as a top-level
> class.

I was thinking of creating a ".core" -package, where we would put
most of our top-level classes with the exception of Release and
possibly a new WikiEngineFactory.  That would include
WikiContextFactory as well, IMHO.

> - WikiActionBeanContext, WikiInterceptor, *TypeConverter,
> WikiExceptionHandler, WikiRuntimeConfiguration -- these are all
> pure Stripes "glue" classes that allow JSPWiki and Stripes to work
> together. Will also include a LocalePicker implementation (later)
> to read Dirk's locale cookies to help pick the correct language.
> Should go to its own package (sub-package of .action? or .ui?)

I think a subpackage of .ui is probably a good idea.  "ui.stripes"?

> - WikiRequestContext, HandlerInfo, and HandlerPermission:
> annotations for (1) associating a Stripes event handler method with
> a WikiContext request context and (2) specifying the permissions a
> user needs to execute that handler method. HandlerPermission is a
> cached "holding bag" that ties these things together. Should
> probably go into the same package as the pure Stripes classes.

I think those are fine.  Let's put them in the ui.stripes -package.

> About the only thing I know for sure is that the ActionBeans should
> be separate from everything else...

Let's try it out.  We have freedom now since we've decided to break
the API - the first place does not have to be the final one...

I was also planning to start using org.apache.jspwiki.api -classes
(starting with WikiException and derivatives) from now on out.  Is
that OK with everyone?  I haven't seen any comments on the API, so
either ya'll think they're fine or that nobody has really looked...

/Janne