From Christophe Dupriez <christophe.dupr...@destin.be>
Subject Re: Vote requested: package renaming
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:18:13 GMT
Item 1: +1

Item 2: +0 because I cannot agree with interfaces for the sake of interfaces. (You write "whenever
possible": I would prefer "whenever needed").
           May be I am an "oldtimer" but I see more benefits to good subclassing architecture
than interfaces+implementations.

           Interfaces are a "contractual" tool (as I understand what Jane explained) by which
we engage to not change without very strong reason (and to provide upgrade paths!)
           Reason why I approve the idea of separating what is within (you modify at your
own risk, no tears afterward) and what is exposed outside (upgrade paths promised...)
           Except if interfaces for "inside" classes are needed for implementation reason,
I do not see why we would bother to create them.

Item 3: +1 Designing exposed interfaces would allow to clarify JspWiki architecture and make
it always more flexible for integration...
           To package them separately makes clear they are "exposed" for a longer term...
           Subdirectories by "integration mode" are also welcome (plugins for instance).

Good evening!

Christophe